Medical Billing Specialist
Each member of our team is vital to the process of helping a child and supporting the caregivers along the way. Applicants will need to be certified medical billers with impeccable organizational skills, strong communication skills, and be efficient, determined problem-solvers. The Medical Billing Specialist will reflect and promote the values and missions of Great Heights when carrying out all workplace responsibilities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Provides verification & authorization of benefits
- Maintains current billing records in our practice management software
- Generates bills and invoices specific to customer accounts
- Delivers invoices to clients via digital and traditional mail services
- Processes all payments using various pay-services
- Reconciles all payment with accounts
- Generates monthly and quarterly reports
- Searches financial statements for payment inconsistencies or errors
- Creates invoices to send to our patients’ parental guardian/caretaker
- Calculates and tracking employee’s admin hours to report to CEO
- All other duties, as assigned.
Required education, experience, and skills
- Minimum of 2 years in a billing department role
- Familiar with workflow of treatment planning and prior authorization experience
- Understanding of accounting software, Office Ally preferred
- Strong computational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to be productive without oversight
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, strong problem-solving skills, and efficient organization skills are required.
Preferred education and experience
- Multi-lingual skills
- Preferred ABA billing experience
- Experience working in a clinical, ABA setting
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
The primary place of service will be the Great Heights Fort Wayne clinic location. Work could be performed at other Great Heights locations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee will perform frequent, small hand movements. The employee should have good mobility and range of motion. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 75 pounds.
There is minimal travel required for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Great Heights is an equal opportunity employer. Working for Great Heights is about joining a culture of openness, collaboration, trust, and the invitation and expectation to have a voice. We strive to continually lead with our values and beliefs that enable everyone at Great Heights to develop their potential, bring their full self to the workplace, and engage in a workplace of diversity and inclusion.
- Monday to Friday
- Billing: 2 years (Required)
About Great Heights ABA
Every member of our team is vital to the process of helping a child get better and supporting the caregivers along the way.
Our dedicated team and compassionate approach focus on renewing hope and inspiring the unimaginable for those with autism and other developmental disabilities.
Care, respect, teamwork, continuous learning, and appreciation are the foundational values that we instill in everything we do. These principles guide our commitment to the success of each and every child.
Progress is the result of a proven approach. Applied behavior analysis is a scientific discipline that focuses on the application of learning principles to change behavior.
We know how challenging and overwhelming an autism diagnosis can be for families. Great Heights is a place of hope. We commit to building a brighter future with you.